LASIK is a technique used to help you see better without glasses.
- Less dependence on glasses or contact lenses
- Waking up in the morning and seeing the clock
- Swimming and being able to see other people, lanes or edge of pool
- Seeing whilst putting on make-up or shaving
- Seeing yourself and your feet in the shower
- Finding your towel at the beach
- Seeing your children play in the garden
- Playing sport without glasses that fog, or contact lenses that dry out in the wind
- Saving money by not continually buying disposable contact lenses, buying cleaning solutions or
- replacing lost lenses and glasses
- Saving time by not looking for glasses, or soaking and cleaning contact lenses
View similar businesses near: Bondi Junction NSW
Payment Types Acceptedvisa, mc, amex, diners, cash, eftpos
Lasik eye correction across Sydney, Bondi Junction, Edgecliff, Randwick, Waverly, Double Bay, Rose Bay, Darlinghurst, Kings Cross.
- Dr Lyon P Robinson is head of the Corneal unit at Sydney Eye Hospital, Sydney's largest public eye department. He was the first surgeon to perform corneal vision correction in Australia and thus has nearly 20 years experience in this field. He was also the first surgeon to implant an intra-ocular lens in Sydney Eye Hospital.
- Dr David IM Robinson is a corneal specialist who has been involved in LASIK since 1996. He underwent an advanced corneal fellowship year at the Royal Victorian Eye and Ear Hospital .He gained international fellowship training at Hadassah Hospital, Jerusalem.
- All our surgeons are advanced fellowship trained Corneal Specialists. According to the Time Magazine article October 11, 1999:
- "Some ophthalmologists apparently start zapping corneas after little more than a weekend seminar. That might be enough preparation for a surgeon who is already skilled, but you may decide to select a more experienced doctor, such as a cornea specialist who has completed a year or two of additional training"
- Our Centre uses the superior high-technology VISX Star S4TM Excimer Laser that was recently announced in the media. This is only brand of laser in the industry that tracks your eye movement in three dimensions. The VISX laser has been used on over two million procedures. In addition, the VISX Star 4 Excimer Laser was FDA (US Food and Drug Administration ) approved on 23.5.03.
- We offer the latest WaveFront Customised LASIK treatment. In 2004 FDA clinical investigations for VISX Star 4 Excimer Laser Wavefront Treatments for Myopia (shortsightedness) up to -6 Dioptres and Astigmatism up to -3 Dioptres, the results on 351 eyes were reported. Of these eyes, 94% saw 6/6 or better and 99.6% saw 6/12 or better (good enough to pass a driving test without glasses) at six months post treatment.
- In the more than 1000 LASIK procedures that our principal surgeon, Dr David IM Robinson has performed, the enhancement (retreatment) rate was in the order of 1-2% for myopia (shortsightedness) of less than minus 6 Dioptres. If an enhancement is required to treat the original condition, there is no additional charge.
- We are based in Sydney, personally do our own post-operative follow-up, and are available on call if required on a 24 hour basis.
There are no reviews for this business
“I am 65 years of age. Dr. Fabian Burgess operated on both eyes of my aunt last year. She will be 91 in January 2011. She told me that she sees better now than when she was a young girl. Consequently I also went to Dr. Burgess and was operated on both eyes this year ( August 6th, and September 22nd ). I was able to see EXCEPTIONALLY WELL immediately after each operation, and due to the great success of the first operation, I actually drove myself home after the 2nd operation ( naughty of me, as I was not supposed to do that ).
I thoroughly recommend Dr. Fabian Burgess to any person requiring cataract removal operation. He is obviously a great master in his field. 10 out of 10.
Thank you, Dr. Burgess. Greatly appreciated.
Tom Di-Grazia / Doncaster”
“A retired physician myself, a private cataract
operation of my left eye went wrong in Hobart in 2008: my vision became increasingly blurred.
By 2010 ophthalmologist Dr Fabian Burgess accepted me as a Medicare patient, examined thoroughly, diagnosed scarring, a dislocated IOL and secondary glaucoma. His laser therapy restored clear vision and the left eye is being treated carefully.
Many thanks, Dr.Burgess, for your
excellent service!- Dr Muetzell, M.D.”
tomdigrazia on 4th Oct 2010
Muetzell on 4th May 2010
S on 5th Feb 2008